Tuesday 9 November 2010

November leaves

Autumn is well and truly here and winter is approaching fast, the trees have turned to gorgeous yellows,oranges and reds. I love the colours this time of year, each day at work I've been kicking myself as I keep forgetting my camera and I really would love to record the change of season. As I have mentioned before I work in a rural location and get to be outside quite a lot of the day, so I have been noticing the change in the environment more than I ever have done before. So today after work I went about in the dark (as you do) and collected leaves to bring home to record and play with..




I actually came home with SO many leaves, I just couldn't stop collecting them....this is a warning, many leaf photographs to follow..!




Then there was the fun of photographing the different shapes and colours together...

Nice aren't they?

So after playing around a bit scanning different leaf combination's together I decided to create a pattern, it took me quite a while but I'm really happy with it! This is the first time I've created a pattern by scanning items directly (instead of scanning photos or drawings). Here it is, I hope you like it, I do, it's been a a fun Tuesday evening activity!

Have a good evening all! :-)

4 comments:

  1. lovely photos :o) and the pattern is great! would make a great wallpaper for a desktop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The last two photos show lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey. Just stopping by. I'm a first-time visitor. Heard about you through the "Olive Hue Designs" site.

    Glad I stopped by. I love this time of the year and the November leaves. Nothing like the smell of a brisk fall morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pattern! I had the same idea, to scan some leaves and make a pattern. I didn't get around to doing it... So nice to see it here!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, have a nice day and come back soon :-)