Sunday 19 September 2010

Inspiration - Walk in the woods


I went for a walk in one of our local woodlands and took my boyfriends new camera to play with. I'd forgotten how much fun it is to walk with a camera, you see everything differently with a camera in hand. It was a sunny day and the sunlight was streaming through gaps between leaves and branches, looking up there really were some beautiful sights. So many shades of green and so many different shapes. I spent most of the time on the walk looking up at the trees and narrowly avoiding mountain bikers, lots of fun though!

These images would be a great starting point for patterns..I am particularly fond of the 2nd image, it feels softer than the rest and I love the mint green colour that has come from the sunlight behind the leaves.

I hope everyone's having a fun weekend, I have day of art and experimenting with my sewing machine ahead of me..perfect!

1 comment:

  1. I started the day with a country walk this morning, naturally with camera in hand! Let me know how you get on with your sewing machine, it may give me a push into tackling mine! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, have a nice day and come back soon :-)