Tuesday 14 September 2010

An explanation

Hey all!  Right, I feel I  owe you all an explanation as to where my daily drawings have gone, the thing is that the past few weeks life has been hectic (and it looks to carry on this way), and try as I might I just can't keep up the daily drawings, at least not  at a standard that I feel happy with. I've posted a few daily drawings that I felt unhappy with and well I just don't want do that. So for the time being I won't be posting the daily drawings, I shall return to just posting art work as and when.. I feel better now for explaining myself to you all!

Something I have been doing recently is painting, I have started my first painting in a few years and am really enjoying the process of working with paint on canvas. I'm also enjoying being able to work on it each day, building the image up slowly. It's so much fun!
For now here's a snippet from my art space, I will be posting images of new work soon. I hope you are all well out there, have a good week :-)


2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad about not doing the daily drawings, once you put pressure on yourself to make yourself do something that regular you don't end up enjoying it as much.

    It's quite a big task to do it every day for a year. Maybe try once a week when you go back to it.

    Hope things calm down a bit for you soon and enjoy your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello....I'm very pleased to have come across your blog via Kickcan and Conkers....It's Kerry here (Dan Layton's wife). Your illustrations are beautiful. Hope all is good in Bristol x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, have a nice day and come back soon :-)