Sunday 23 May 2010

This blog has grown branches....

Hello all! I feel like I've been a bit quiet on the old blog lately..I've been working really hard on putting my website together for my online portfolio and also putting together my Etsy shop and Spoonflower shop. I feel as though it's been ages since I actually made any artwork, even though I know it's only been  a matter of weeks. For me just one week without creating art can seem like an age though!

So yes I'm starting to feel like this blog has grown branches...which is really amazing..! When I first started this blog back in September 2009 I really never knew what I should post..It always felt sort of awkward somehow, but now it's feeling much easier and for me starting this blog was such a good thing. It has really given me the confidence to get out there and start showing the work I'm making. I'm just amazed every time someone comments on a post...The people who have commented have also been so supportive and also generous with their advice...Thank you!!

Oh yes the 'branches', I now have my own website! I am still tweeking bits here and there but it does exist and you can find it here www.rebekahleighmarshall.com
I'm very excited about my website, and also my new Spoonflower profile and new Etsy shop. Please check both out if you can, they can be seen through the 'shop' section of my website. I will hopefully have the patterns in the spoonflower account up for sale within a month. I have just sent off for the samples to check that the colors are all okay and this apparently may take 3 weeks. I'm collecting prints this week to put up on my Etsy shop so i'll keep you all posted on that. At the moment  the only print in my Etsy shop is this one:


This image was made using gouache paint and pencil on brown paper, I made it about a year ago and even though my art is moving a different direction now I still have a soft spot for this image.

 I can't wait to get both shops sorted, I'm very excited! I'm also planning on approaching local exhibition spaces in the next few months too. There is just so much to do, and I'm glad that I finally feel able to do these things.

Good night and thanks :-)

3 comments:

  1. If you're on etsy have a look at folksy (www.folksy.com)
    similar thing but from the UK! loving your pattern work by the way very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely prints you've got on etsy.

    Just wanner say thanks for your post about the gift I sent you. Looks nice in you kitchen window :). God luck with you new website, looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebekah! Just stopped by to thank you for your comment. But then I saw your work and had to snoop around because I can so relate to what you said about putting your time into a website and not getting any art done. Your work is lovely! :) Good luck with all your endeavours.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for leaving a comment, have a nice day and come back soon :-)